Random best bits of Affiliate Summit West 2012 in Las Vegas
These are in no particular order. If you’ve been to Summit you know the overload of things to absorb. I’m pretty foggy still today, but I know one thing for sure: I’ve forgotten something or somebody I should mention here as a best bit!
- Finally getting to Caesar’s Palace! I had been briefly to the Forum Shops years ago, but that’s it.
- The replica of the statue “David”. Tease away, guys, it’s been a dream my whole life to actually see it and just in case I never get to Italy, this was the next best thing!
- Discovering that walking 15 or so miles a day won’t kill me! Hurts like heck, but if the swelling in my knee goes down, I’ll try to keep walking at least one or two of those miles every day. After finding my way around Caesars continuously for 3 days, I could probably walk one of Missy Ward’s marathon walks for Breast Cancer!
- ShareASale party at the Paris club “Chateau”. From the stilted ladies surrounded by bouncers at the entrance to the human engine dessert table, it was a party to remember. Perfect rooftop view of the Bellagio Water show, plenty of drinks and sweet nibbles and best loved friends for conversation. Note: If you’re ever at a SAS party and don’t know anyone there, find the elevator!
- Swag: Only a few things were worth the space to carry home. My picks: SAS blue drink cup, Affiliate Summit tee shirt, Advertise.com’s little magnet toy, the Magic 8 ball from Psychics Live and a decision pen from the same booth. I often need a 2nd opinion and now I have 2 close at hand. Oh, and a mini,mini Snicker bite. Found it in the bottom of my purse and ate it for lunch at the airport.
The biggest piece of cheesecake I’ve ever been served in my life! And there was a chocolate sculpture on top! It was the 2nd dinner of the evening because I couldn’t miss spending time with these friends, so I only ordered dessert. There were 6 of us at the table, it could have easily fed us all. I shared as much as I could, but still left half.
- Friends, Hugs, Friends, Hugs and more Friends! The absolute best part of Summit is always the huge collection of hugs from my marketing family! I love love love you!